Saturday, January 10, 2009

In Vehicle Device Mounting Solutions

I have installed more than my fair share of devices / device mounts in various vehicles for my wife and me. I always end up taking way too much time to remove/reinstall the panels and/or dash components, what a pain. Well, I think I have found a very good alternative, www.ProClipUSA.com, their mounts slip into the seams between panel sections of the dashboard and provide a nice tight fit. They also have a full complement of device specific holders. I just ordered a setup for my iPhone and will report back after it arrives and gets installed.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I had one of the clips by the same manufacturer for my Mazda3 - The mounting clip that goes over the center air vent. It went fine for a few months - but during hot weather the plastic seemed to get a little pliable and the clip would fall out of position - even with no device in the bracket!

One was replaced under warranty but did the same thing - since then I have upgraded phones and just removed the mount.